|Season 8, Episode 1|
|And Sew It Begins|
|Air date||July 29, 2010|
|Guest Judge||Selma Blair|
|Who's In||Gretchen Jones|
|Who's Out||McKell Maddox|
| previous|| next|
Larger than Life
Contestants must pick an item out of their baggage, pass it to the person to their right, and use it in an original design.
There is 1 extra person in the competition who must be eliminated before the season officially starts.
- Casanova's meltdown over the loss of his $1,000+ pair of Dolce & Gabbana pants
- Selma Blair's reaction to contestant Peach Carr's "mom pants"
- "Side cleavage is a rare thrilling moment for anyone." (describing McKell's "trainwreck") – Michael Kors
- "I like to play with seaming." – Nicholas D'Aurizio
- "Is it sexy, or is it vulgar?" (Describing Casanova’s dress) - Tim Gunn
- "It’s such an unfortunate pant to begin with." (dissing Peach Carr’s actual pants) – Selma Blair
- "This is like a hot mess." (of April Johnston's "shredded" look) – Heidi Klum
You can see photos from the episode here!