|Season 8, Episode 4|
|Hats Off to You|
|Air date||August 19, 2010|
|Guest Judge||Philip Treacy|
|Who's In||Gretchen Jones|
|Who's Out||Kristin Haskins Sims|
It's a Party
There IS an 'I' in Team
A killer hat, or a hat that kills?
All contestants must create a dress to compliment a Phillip Treacy hat.
This episode's guest judge is Phillip Treacy himself. Gretchen, despite not winning the previous episode, is still annoyingly arrogant and disses every designer. Kristin, who was paired with a beautiful orchid inspired hat, is out for her plain and
- Philip Treacy shows up to judge the competition
- Gretchen's respected confidence is now annoying
- The fellow designers were appalled at Michael C.'s win, but applauded him with jealousy among his return
- "I guess if you’re going for a three day weekend it looks like you’ve layered your underpants." (on April Johnston's outfit) – Michael Kors
- "I don’t want to know why her panty has a big black zipper in the back!" (on April Johnston's outfit) - Michael Kors
- "His dress is a hot mess." (on Casanova's outfit) - Ivy Higa
- "I don’t think the runway is really a place for booty shorts." (on April Johnston's outfit) - Valerie Mayen
You can see photos from the episode here!