|Season 8, Episode 5|
|There IS an 'I' in Team|
|Air date||August 27, 2010|
|Guest Judge||Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman|
|Who's In||Team Military & Lace|
|Who's Out||A.J. Thouvenot|
Hats Off to You
You Can Totally Wear That Again
The team that works together stays together!
The first group challenge is to create a collection, yet still showcasing each designers uniqueness and style.
One winner will be safe from elimination next week
- Michael Costello gets to pick his team first, much to the dismay of his fellow designers
- Gretchen hi-jacks the leader role, even though she hasn't placed in the last 2 episodes
- The teammates turn on Michael C. during judging, despite their conversation in the waiting room on how they would all be missed and how they would face consequences together as a whole
- The underdogs work surprisingly well together, despite Casanova's usual self-doubting
- Tim Gunn calls out Team Luxe for allowing Gretchen to manipulate and bully the team members, essentially creating "her" collection
Who's In: Team Military & Lace pull together a racy yet stylish collection. Casanova and his lace top and military pant creation pave him the way to victory.
Who's Out: Team Luxe, who was expected to win, lost to the underdogs. The team promises to stand tall as a whole, then throw Michael C. under the bus: A.J. is sent home after the rest of the team follows Gretchen's suit.
You can see photos from the episode here!